Our pets provide comfort.
They are trusting, loyal and beloved members of the family.
Livingston Area Pet Pantry (LAPP) is program under the Humane Society of Livingston County, a 501(c)3 organization. Based in Howell, Michigan and comprised of animal loving volunteers, LAPP is dedicated to helping provide pet food to families facing financial hardship. Our goal is to see that no dog or cat goes hungry or homeless because their owners cannot afford to keep them fed. LAPP collects pet food donations from our volunteer collection sites and delivers the pet food to Gleaners Shared Harvest Pantry in Howell. The food is available to pet families experiencing hardship.
How you can help:
- Donate Pet Food. Your pet food donation can be dropped off at any of our collection sites throughout the community or dropped off at Gleaners Shared Harvest Pantry in Howell.
- Organize a Pet Food Drive or Fundraiser. This is an easy and rewarding way for animal lovers, neighborhoods, groups, schools, businesses, and churches to help the Livingston Area Pet Pantry collect food for pet families in need. All brands of canned and dry food for cats and dogs accepted. Medium sized dry food bags are preferred. Open bags of pet food will be accepted if properly stored and not expired. Let us know if you would like to organize a pet food drive or fundraiser.
- Make a Monetary Contribution. Monetary donations help stock the shelves at Gleaners Shared Harvest Pantry for pet owners in need of assistance. Make your check payable to Livingston Area Pet Pantry and mail to P.O. Box 2213, Howell, MI 48844.
- Become a Collection Site. Place a LAPP pet food collection box at your place of business. Let us know if you are interested in becoming a volunteer collection site.
- Help Spread the Word. Share LAPP with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter and Pinterest. Volunteer at special events (food drives, fundraising events, community outreach).